Station Kirkland

Aujourd’hui est un grand jour. Mesdames et messieurs, voici… la vitre enfin remplacée!

(Voici avant pour comparaison)

27 « J'aime »

Musique Ultra Chrétienne Haaaaallelujah, Haaaaaallelujah !

2 « J'aime »

HALLELUJAH hallelujah

1 « J'aime »

Bon qu’elle est la prochaine NITPICK qu’on vas collectivement chialer ensemble?

So what is the next NITPICK that we will collectively complain together?

Omg lol I just drove by today for the first time in a couple of weeks and remarked exactly that to my passenger! Now I’m waiting to see if the vertical decorative elements are finally installed in that section.

Honestly, I find those decorative elements to be really weird. The only segments of viaduct that have them are those that are those that are above roads. So, you end up seeing this long concrete ribbon up in the air with this small segment above the road that has that decorative element. Honestly, I feel that if they are going to decorate segments, they should do it all the way, or not at all. As it is right now, I really do feel that it just does not look right. I guess that the reason that I feel that way is because for me, it just draws my eyes to the viaduct, which is honestly the type of structure that you usually want to be as discreet as possible, so that the viaduct fades into the background while other things draw your attention.

2 « J'aime »

You mean the yellow strips?

1 « J'aime »

The signature yellow strips!

1 « J'aime »

Where those not a regulation thing or something?

The most beautiful Strip of yellow

1 « J'aime »

Talking about the brown fins on the stations. Nice Doppler pattern, except for a small section near the stairwell.

From what I know, no. They’re supposed to be art or something and look nice

L’autoroute 15 proche de La Prairie a une passerelle piétonne avec les mêmes strips jaunes. Ça semble avoir été construit en 2011, selon Street View.

3 « J'aime »

Pour ça que je pense que c’étais un genre de coupe vent car la 40 overpass sur saint Jean est horrible coté vent

C’est purement esthétique car les vents dominants viennent de l’ouest tandis que les parois du viaduc sont orientées nord-sud. De plus, il y a un important grillage qui agirait déjà comme coupe vent

Tiré du site du REM 01/04/2024

9 « J'aime »

12 « J'aime »

It seems like Kirkland camera got unplugged somehow… No new updates since the 27 of March

Yep I noticed… right after the new window was installed! I guess they don’t want us seeing the landscaping and installation of the last slats

It wouldn’t make any sense to remove it because they “don’t want to show us it” when anyone can go in person and take photos lol