Station Des Sources

La station d’essence Ultramar sera super bien desservie! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 « J'aime »

c’est ce que je pensais… Tu lave ta voiture avant de la garer au parking du REM. Perfetto!

Il y avait pas un groupe de compagnie pétrolières qui poursuivaient la STM et CDPQ pour prétendu expropriations illégales?

Pas à nos connaissances.

C’était a l’est

On va pouvoir aller laver la voiture et mettre de l’essence en REM!!
… oh wait… :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Vu ce qu’il faut traverser à pied il va y avoir un marché

6 « J'aime »

Disons que pour moi, psychologiquement, c’est ma définition d’une barrière infranchissable. Je ne ferais jamais usage d’une traverse piéton dans ces conditions. Il me faudrait absolument un viaduc piéton, ou un tunnel piéton.

10 « J'aime »

The whole West Island has been asking for answers with regard to safe, segregated pedestrian and cyclist crossings to the four stations along the 40 since their locations were announced. Every entity involved is passing the buck. I fear the ridership numbers for the whole branch will be extremely disappointing as a result of a) few or no park-and-ride options, or b) exceedingly difficult access to “local” stations for nearby residents. I wouldn’t doubt frequencies could be lowered yet again, and it would no longer be “show-up-and-go” transit like a real metro.

12 « J'aime »

I have difficulty seeing how the municipalities involved are not the main drivers of accessibility to the stations.

9 « J'aime »

I honestly think living the pedestrian experience along des Sources and Saint-Jean as a teen was one of the formative experiences that turned me somewhat militantly against car-centric urbanism; particularly the overpasses are just a totally alienating experience. It really is a shameful state of affairs and makes anyone not using a motorized vehicle to get around feel like a second-class citizen.

Hopefully the REM will be a catalyst for fixing the situation, but I can’t say I’m particularly optimistic about it.

17 « J'aime »

It may take sometime but eventually that’s what is going to happen.

1 « J'aime »

They didn’t decide where to locate the stations, and they are waiting for the province to rebuild the four main overpasses and any “active transport” crossings. The municipalities have ZERO authority nor power to ameliorate the situation. They even begged the province to make CDPQi stick to the original plan of running the entire WI branch at 15 metres in order to leave options for both the replacement overpasses as well as any new crossings, but the government kowtowed to the Caisse, and now the guideway is but 5 metres above the Service Road at Sommerset/Stillview and over the roadway on the St-Charles and St-Jean overpasses.

3 « J'aime »

Park and ride has a small impact on a frequent transit ridership. A train can hold up to 700 people with a frequency of 10 minutes on WI branch. In brossard station the 3000ich are gone after 7am and now people asking for more… clearly the best option to increase ridership is to improve the bus service. Panama stations gets a crazy number of rider from bus transfert. I would rather use the valuable land close to the station to build housing and make the station surrounding less hostile with large parking lot.

The industrial area close to des sources station can be transformed the same way griffintown has been transformed. However, city of pointe claire should show some leadership…

12 « J'aime »

Pour le rem de l’ouest une configuration comme la ligne de train vaudreuil serait idéal.

Avec des passage sous l’autoroute 20 et les rails pour les pietons pour acceder aux stations du coté nord a partir du coté sud.

Sauf que ces passages sont pas très agréables et des femmes seules oseront pas les prendre la nuit. De plus il y’a pas beaucoup de densité dans la zone proche du côte nord pour l’instant, c’est en majorité des strip mall avec des énormes stationnements. Donc je demeure convaincu que les autobus vont demeurer la façon la plus efficace pour desservir la station. Pour la partie sud une conversion vers du résidentielle et bureaux avec plus de densités serait bienvenue.

1 « J'aime »

I’m visiting a place that has a very similar layout to the stations of the REM in the West Island, low density, with the stations along the highway. When it first opened, they were very empty, not many people were taking it. Now after 6 years, it’s busy and people actually use it. But it’s not by building large parking lots, it’s instead by moving the buses to be based at these stations with routes from there, instead of going all the way into the city.

Here is one of the stations, literally beside a highway interchange and surrounded by low density and even forest:

1 « J'aime »

I totally agree but rn it doesn’t look awesome for that station. All the residential area is much further to the north where it’s more logical to go take Roxboro or Sunnybrooke station. And for the people living further to the south (still in DDO) I wonder how much faster it will actually be to go at Des Sources station in buses stuck in the rush hour traffic compare to taking the longer but faster route of going north. (Also Roxboro station has accommodation for routing more buses to it)

Not that I think the station will be a total flop, but it feels weird to me seeing this metro to downtown in such an awkward spot.

2 « J'aime »

I’m curious how increasing vertical clearance would improve the next design? It would still be possible to make an active corridor on the west side, and move the entrances/exits to the east side (then switch to a partial cloverleaf) with the current clearance

1 « J'aime »

For sure this will not work without a dedicated bus lane with priority traffic lights on des sources and hymus too.

211 can also have a version that stops at this station

1 « J'aime »