REM Rive Sud Taschereau / Roland-Therrien (2024)

Les défis techniques étaient certainement très importants. Je me demande par contre si une intégration plus semblable à celle prévue lors de la construction du métro n’aurait pas pu être réalisée. Ça aurait probablement nécessité une fermeture prolongée de la station, ce qui était peut-être une raison suffisante pour opter pour une intégration moins optimale. Mais bon, c’est bien mieux que rien!

6 « J'aime »

Il me semble avoir lu récemment que ce qui était prévu à l’origine c’était des séries d’escaliers mobiles. Pas très optimal.

2 « J'aime »

Yes the STM and NouvlR said so. It’s unfortunate because the pandemic was probably the best time to close the station.

1 « J'aime »

That station is used a lot by students, which for the most part are 100% on prems, contrary to many workers that can do part or most of their work from home. Closing that station completely would have had quite an impact.

1 « J'aime »

Isn’t there a side corridor that dead ends and was planned for that use? Couldn’t they have just placed hoardings or a temporary wall and worked behind it? Closing the entire station to get that work done seems a bit extreme when a temporary construction access could have been created.

je me suis amusé à créer une carte du métro / REM dans laquelle la future ligne apparaît, intégrée aux autres lignes actuelles et futures.

• J’aime moins le concept de branches du REM, j’ai préféré utiliser des lignes distinctes avec un tronçon commun.
  • Le nouveau service est composé de 2 lignes
  • La ligne D débute au coin de l’autoroute 20 et du boulevard De Mortagne à Boucherville.
  • La ligne E débute dans le coin de l’aéroport et dessert la future aérogare, ainsi que le nouveau quartier industriel.
  • La ligne D se termine à Candiac
  • Dans le tronc commun, un service fréquent dessert les villes de Longueuil et Brossard

39 « J'aime »

Bravo, j’aime beaucoup!

3 « J'aime »

Pareil pour moi. Si jamais le REM tombe entre les main de la STM j’aimerai qu’ils découplent le réseau en lignes du individuelles du Métro de Montréal :tm:. Comme @james_amend l’avait imaginé.

2 « J'aime »

Je préfère ce type de présentation que ce que le REM utilise. C’est plus facile de distinguer les lignes.

De mon point de vue, s’il faut segmenter les lignes D & E pour terminer différemment, je terminerais la ligne E à Panama

Taschereau à Brossard a un énorme potentiel de redéveloppement, donc mon idée était de couvrir le territoire de cette ville le plus possible avec le service plus fréquent qu’offre les 2 lignes combinées. Pelletier pourrait avoir un petit terminus de bus et ramasser certaines lignes de la banlieue ouest comme La Prairie mais Panama demeurerait le terminus principal.

3 « J'aime »

Wow, vraiment très beau :smiley:.

1 « J'aime »

Merci!

Cette semaine j’essaierai de mettre la carte à jour avec les derniers développement du PSE.

2 « J'aime »

Hello folks. I created the (bad) graphic of the REM 2.0 that this thread uses, because there were no graphics or demonstrations which existed following the announcement of the project.

I want to apologize for all eyeballs that were harmed.

In other news: as disappointed as I am that the $36B pricetag for the REM de l’Est will likely further delay the commencement or construction of that branch, I cannot help but wonder if the Caisse will save momentum by pivoting to this project.

Mayor Fournier, Mayor Assad, and folks at the CDPQ that I’ve reached out to for comment have all agreed that there is further news they’re waiting to share about a REM on Taschereau, pending the launch of the first REM section.

Could this – no doubt MUCH cheaper – REM extension be the budgetary sweetheart that the ARTM, the province, and the PEOPLE need? Tune in next week!

9 « J'aime »

I’m really curious about the implications of what you wrote. I’ve said it many times, I beleive that Taschereau is likely to get built before REM de l’Est, PSE, or whatever you want to call it. Given the 36 billion announcement, things certainly are heading in that direction. At a bare minimum, the project needs to hit the reset button yet again. With that said, I also think that the Taschereau announcement probably should wait at least until phase 1 of the REM is up and running. I beleive that opinions might start to shift once peoples have had a chance to get on the REM and experience it.

4 « J'aime »

But the thing is, it’s not an ARTM led project. After the blue line, the ARTM had the chance to flex their muscles with the PSE and show that they also can build, comparatively, a metro at a sensible cost per kilometre. They did the opposite.

We can argue about wether the PSE was a good project to begin with, or about the particularism of the ARTM, but at the end of the day, the ARTM elected to present the most expensive scenario, presenting the least creative solution within their mandate.

On the other hand, the Taschereau REM will be an opportunity for CDPQ to rehabilitate their approach to mass transit and show if they can be more amenable to community concerns and adapting their proposals.

6 « J'aime »

All very good points! Yes, although the ownership of these projects doesn’t fall on the ARTM, I can safely say (from community outreach in my own South Shore neighbourhood) that the line is extreeeemely unclear when you’re speaking to an elderly citizen that lives near Panama, a business owner that still thinks that the rails on the Champlain Bridge should have been 2 more lanes of traffic, or even my neighbourhood who doesn’t want elevated REM tracks ruining the “aesthetic” of Taschereau (LOL).

In these conversations I hear:
“So why did the RTL build this REM anyway?”
“When will the CDPQ tell me if I can get a free transfer from my bus to the REM?”

In the (normal, non-transit-obsessed) public’s mind, I think that the ARTM, RTL, STM, CDPQ, AMT, EXO, STL, and all the rest of the letters floating in the alphabet soup sit around at a big round table with Plante and Legault and make these grand decisions.

And – unfortunately – if trust erodes in one of these links, the entire chain feels the hurt.

4 « J'aime »

I think that part of the problem is that our expectations are warped. There are many reasons for this, one of the biggest being the fact that North America has a habit of building huge suburbs with a road layout that make them feel like labyrinth. Suburbs weren’t built for transit. They were built for the car.

The other elephant in the room is the Montreal metro. In Montreal, the word metro is attached to the notion that it is underground, out of sight, out of mind. Another very notable particularity of the Montreal metro is the proximity of stations. Many of them have only a few hundred meters between them. In the rest of the world, it isn’t unusual for metro stations to be more than a kilometer appart from each other. There is this expectation that new metro lines are going to have station in every neighborhood that they go through. The Île Bigras REM station really stands out as far as this goes.

2 « J'aime »

Le sujet a sûrement déjà été discuté mais j’espère que lorsqu’on parle d’un REM sur Taschereau il ne s’agit pas d’un copier coller du REM 1.0? Je pense que pour revitaliser cet endroit qui en a vraiment besoin un tramway de banlieue serait beaucoup plus intéressant… à chaque problème sa solution.

5 « J'aime »

“Different horses for different courses”

“Copier-coller” architectural j’en doute, mais le même mode oui. CDPQi ne fait que du metro.

2 « J'aime »