Aéroport Montréal-Trudeau - Discussion générale

I really like Arajet livery

Il est 22h au moment où j’écris et je m’en vais chercher de la famille qui arrive ce soir. L’embouteillage commence sur la 520. Près d’une HEURE pour arriver à l’aérogare. On parle de 500m . Il y’a 3 semaines lorsque je les déposais vers 16h c’était la même chose. Quelqu’un sait ce qu’il se passe ?? Parce que je trouve que c’est déplorable comme situation actuellement et ça fait des semaines que ça dure.

Ajout : des gens descendent de leur voiture et marchent vers l’aéroport avec leurs valises…

Ajout: après PLUS D’UNE HEURE, on est là

Ajout : finalement arrivé, durée totale 1h20.

11 « J'aime »

Quick question!

How’s Emirates going at YUL currently? Because apparently they will serve us with their 777-200LR instead of their 777-300ER at the end of October.

You are correct I just checked ? 77L is equipment in GDS

1 « J'aime »

Does anyone know if that will be a year round change or just for the winter?

1 « J'aime »

In the GDS it is loaded until next year :thinking:

Hope fully now we will see ads. I find they have been sluggish with this for Montreal

1 « J'aime »

Originally it was supposed to be their oldest 200s from the get-go, but the bookings were so good that they decided to use the 77W.

7 « J'aime »

Wow Thanks for this info :+1:

Then I would say we will see the 77W back for high season in 2024

4 « J'aime »

Quick question:

From what I heard Air China should relaunched PEK-YUL starting in December 3 times weekly with there 787-9 is that a possibility? Apparently it was supposed to start last month? That’s what I heard is it fake IDK?

Also Emirates will start using their 777-200LR starting on the 29 of October.

Starting off YUL with a short notice and daily 77W was a bold move. It may have worked in the summer as demand is high but in a lower season it’s likely too much capacity.

4 « J'aime »

Emirates has First class on their 777-300s which in general does not do well from Montreal, and in Canada in general.

2 « J'aime »

Air Canada has released its summer 2024 schedule.

As already announced YUL-MAD (Madrid) is the only new route. 5 weekly with the A330.
Note* Amsterdam will return as daily service up from 5 weekly.

Other changes:

From Montreal to:

Destination Service Improvement in Summer 2024 vs Summer 2023
Athens Increase to 3 weekly frequencies in April, daily from May to October
Amsterdam Earlier seasonal start on March 30th, 2024, increase to daily service
Barcelona Increase to 4 weekly frequencies in April, 5 in May, 6 from June to October
Casablanca Increase to 6 weekly frequencies from June to September
Copenhagen Earlier seasonal start on May 2nd, 2024
Lisbon Increase to 4 weekly frequencies in April, 5 from May to October
Milan Increase to daily service from June to September
Nice Increase to 5 weekly frequencies from June to September
Rome Increase to 9 weekly frequencies from May to September
Venice Increase to 3 weekly frequencies from June to October
10 « J'aime »

This is nice. I wonder what’s “next in line” that could be enabled by the A321XLR but still too small a market for today’s widebody fleet. What do people here think?

Maybe a 2nd destination in the UK - Manchester or Edinburgh?

A bit further…
Prague or Budapest?
Dubrovnik?
Warsaw?
Could even be Florence or Palma de Mallorca if the craze for Southern Europe remains in 2025. Transat flies to Málaga, seems to work for them…

2 « J'aime »

I definitely see current widebody routes switching to the A321XLR to free up a widebody for new destinations.

Potential widebody to A321XLR routes:
YUL - Lisbon, Nice, Lyon, Toulouse, Amsterdam, Dublin
YYZ- Brussels, Edinburgh, Manchester, Lisbon

Of course some destinations might require widebody in the summer, and off peak would be a 321.

Other A321XLR routes that could work are Porto, Bordeaux, Glasgow, Nates, Stockholm, Dakar, Shannon

3 « J'aime »

My guess is where they are not flying daily now with a 787-8 they may want to go daily with the A321XLR. So some of the French cities, Lisbon, Copenhagen etc…

For new routes Warsaw is a good choice being a Star Alliance hub. I always wondered if a nonstop to Marrakech might be possible as well as Dakar in Africa. Maybe even a one stop to Abidjan. Tunis might be logical to complete with Tunisair.

In Europe there’s also Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki, Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Hamburg, Malaga, Malta, Dusseldorf and Cologne. Many of those aren’t served from Toronto so that would probably come first but maybe in a year or two later a few of those might make sense from here. Berlin, Oslo & Malaga especially.

In South America Georgetown, Lima (aircraft downgrade but increased frequencies) , Quito, Guayaquil could be possibilities.

There’s also issues of carrying freight and in some of these places luggage requirements that might dictate larger aircraft so lots of considerations. It will be fun to see what happens.

One last possibility is they may want to use them on trunk routes to Europe like London and Paris and have multiple daily flights. So 5 flights a day to Paris with A321’s. Not sure they’d really do that but it could be an interesting experiment to create a shuttle service to Europe like that. It’s only NYC that has those types of frequencies.

4 « J'aime »

I’d love to see AC start a day tripper A321XLR to CDG, I think the O&D traffic is there, and could still be timed for morning connections.

2 « J'aime »

Dakar would be very good for them. We’ve always had healthy DKR/DSS numbers on our JFK flights, both O/D and cnx to/from elsewhere in West Africa. The problem on a narrow body might be payload optimization: these customers do not pack light.

2 « J'aime »

On a pas récupéré pour 2024 chez AC: MRS OTP BOD (qui devait débuter avant c19) et NTE était un moment en projet.
Bon en Afrique c’est un peu le bordel en ce moment (multiples ‘coups’), peut être attendre un peu? Sinon WAW ARN un jour? Retour de PRG on a longtemps eu OK, Finnair ça n’a jamais marché.
SXB et même LUX, des régions riches (mix de pax et cargo) et LUX et sa conurbation débordant sur Sud Belgique, France NE et Allemagne voisine, haut niveau de vie, salaires délirants, paradis fiscal, plus de feeder vers BRU comme avec Sabena, c’est LH LX AF qui ‘ramassent’ les connections LH à haut yield…

Porto was never served by Air Canada at YUL, but I definitely see it starting once the 321XLR arrive, along with Bordeaux, Marseille.

5 « J'aime »

CORSAIR NS24 MONTREAL AIRCRAFT CHANGES

NS24

Published at 1100GMT 18SEP23

Corsair in Northern summer 2024 season plans to add Airbus A330-900neo service on Paris Orly – Montreal route, reflected in recent schedule update.

The A330-900neo aircraft is scheduled to operate on following days, instead of -300:
31MAY24 – 07JUN24 Day 345
09JUN24 – 17JUN24 Day x6
19JUN24 Day 3
04SEP24 – 30SEP24 Day x26

SS900 ORY1100 – 1245YUL 330 D
SS901 YUL1720 – 0620+1ORY 330 D

1 « J'aime »