11114 rue Meighen - 7 à 8 étages

Le Groupe Brivia souhaite réaliser quatre bâtiments résidentiels de 8 étages chacun incluant un total de 414 logements et un usage commercial au rez-de-chaussée. Le projet est situé sur les terrains d’un petit centre commercial situé à proximité de la station Pierrefonds-Roxboro du REM.

Informations

Nom:
Emplacement: 11112-11130, rue Meighen - Lots 1 388 712 et 3 376 603

Hauteur:

• Phase 1 : 8 étages
  • Phase 2 : 8 étages
  • Phase 3 : 7 étages
  • Phase 4 : 8 étages

Architecte: Stefano Domenici architecte (Groupe Sygma)
Promoteur: Groupe Brivia
Début et fin de la construction:
Dates importantes:

• 2021-01-05 au 2021-08-01 : Mandat du lobbyiste
  • 2022-09-24 au 2022-10-24 : Consultation publique

Autres informations:

• Quatre bâtiments résidentiels de 8 étages chacun incluant un total de 414 logements et un usage commercial au rez-de-chaussée.

Sources des informations:

Plan d'ensemble et phasage

Autres images

Extrait du mandat du lobbyiste

Source

Période couverte par le mandat : du2021-01-05au2021-08-01

Renseignements utiles :

Communications dans le cadre d’un projet immobilier à usage mixte (commerce de première nécessité et logements résidentiels locatifs), soit le redéveloppement d’un centre commercial existant en projet mixte (commerce de première nécessité et logements résidentiels locatifs) qui comprend l’ajout d’unités d’habitation tout en conservant certains usages commerciaux en place. Actuellement, les détails du projet (tels que la densité totale, le nombre de tours, le nombre d’étages et le type de commerces à terme) ne sont pas encore finalisés. Le projet est situé dans l’arrondissement de Pierrefonds-Roxboro sur la rue Meighen à l’angle du boulevard Gouin. Ledit projet concerne les lots 1 388 712 et 3 376 603. Les communications sont destinées à satisfaire toute exigence afin de se conformer aux procédures d’urbanisme applicables à l’arrondissement de Pierrefonds-Roxboro , telles que les demandes de modification de zonage en vertu du Règlement de zonage CA 29 0040 de l’arrondissement de Pierrefonds-Roxboro, les demandes de permis de construction en vertu du Règlement des permis et certificats 93-558 et les demandes d’approbation du conseil (sous forme de résolution ou autrement), afin de permettre la réalisation du projet immobilier. Une demande de modification de zonage est prévue pour modifier le zonage actuel commercial au zonage mixte (commercial et résidentiel). Plus précisément, cette demande vise à permettre d’ajouter des unités d’habitation tout en conservant certains usages commerciaux en place.

2 « J'aime »

Merci!

I just visited the IGA there on Friday and noted that it is a prime candidate for redevelopment. I was a “wrappeur” (bag-boy) there when it was Metro Meighen in 1983 or so, not long after the Steinberg it replaced closed in the strip mall that would become the Roxboro station’s parking and bus loop on the other side of Gouin. Hopefully Pfds-Rox gives a hearty thumbs-up to a relatively tall complex here and elsewhere around its two REM stations; the lots with single-occupant, one-storey commercial structures sitting between Le Lalande and the Sunnybrooke station are also prime locations.

1 « J'aime »

Consultation à venir pour ce projet:

2 « J'aime »

Maybe? It expires before almost all the other consultations, but is still “coming soon”…

To be honest, I don’t know why they bother consulting with the locals this way. It’s the same small group of 40 or 50, mostly NIMBYs, responding to each survey. One of them even denounces development because “they’ve done enough to harm us already with their chemtrails!”

1 « J'aime »

Plan d'ensemble et phasage

Autres images

6 « J'aime »

Yeesh, that’s going to be a very hard sell to the neighborhood. Like the size is fine by me, but that design is pretty intense to my eye, especially given the surroundings.

1 « J'aime »

Holy crap, yeah. I mean it’s right across the street from what was for a long time the busiest suburban station on the former exo1/AMT/STM/CN line — and what will likely be the eventual busiest REM DM branch station — but yeah, the 40 active NIMBYs on the Cocoriko surveys will stomp their feet way louder than anybody who’s looking for a nice place to live near a metro station and amenities.

1 « J'aime »

The “open” ground floors is an interesting concept for trying to blend verticality with street-level comfort, but I’d like to see the ideas fleshed out. The illustrations make it look like open-sided parking, when it should include commercial and entertainment options, public art, maybe community gathering spaces. It’s very vague for now.

4 « J'aime »

I went to the IGA yesterday and the sign is up. But also, employee of the IGA were responding to people question about the redevelopment. What it meant for the IGA, why do it, etc. They convinced one person of the good of the project when I was there.

4 « J'aime »

Those Cocoriko surveys are like the 180° opposite of JD Power & Associates car surveys, wherein only enthusiastic new owners bother to respond. The survey in question for Meighen clearly shows that only NIMBYs bother responding. 90% strongly disagree with the proposal and are basically saying, “leave the shitty strip mall the way it is!”

In general, only people who are going to respond to a municipal government survey are A) Urbanism Nerds like us or B) People who do not want to see change in their neighbourhood.

Nobody who doesn’t care is going to answer it. I’m no expert in these things, but I hope their influence isn’t huge.

2 « J'aime »

Being an active developer un Pierrefonds, they city will hand over the outcomes of the public consultation and ask to revise the project based on those comments. We can then submit a new revised version of the project for approval. Cheers

4 « J'aime »

Thank you for the insight. I have my fingers crossed that Brivia comes up with something that satisfies the administration but remains faithful to the general zone’s permitted density and height (notwithstanding the changes needed to permit residential on these commercial lots). The city should be educating the general public on the benefits — and pressing need — for densification around transit hubs, wherever they are in the metropolitan area.

4 « J'aime »