Station Panama

Bravo! Well done!

2 « J'aime »

i really hope it’s (radiant) heaters, wih no platform doors…

1 « J'aime »

wrong system :grin:

2 « J'aime »

Both feature no platform doors LOL

But I don’t think it’s as big of a problem at Panama because there’s indoor space to wait, when the screens are set up then people can wait there. Currently people have to use their phones or walk over to the door with a paper saying the schedule

3 « J'aime »

Fair enough, it’s just that last time i been to Panama (which was maybe a month or two ago) it didn’t seem very well furnished/equipped to handle a lot of people waiting for a bus inside; by that I mean that there were relatively few benches n stuff around.

Then again i dont actually live there so idk if the indoor station will ever get too busy or not even after the RTL reform takes place

2 « J'aime »

There’s actually a very large sitting area to wait for buses that’s just blocked off right now with work equipment, I’ll send photos tomorrow when I visit

2 « J'aime »

Thought it was the station :laughing: makes sense for the terminus

1 « J'aime »

@ChunkyPotato Here’s the waiting area that’s closed off. It’s quite large:

Also for those who haven’t visited, there’s a bathroom under construction:

Other updates, I finally got photos of the new parking lot at Taschereau and Panama, it’s what you expect… a parking lot:

Sidewalk on rue Philippines is almost complete:

The pathway connecting to Sector T is painted, and a stop sign and crosswalk was added. Hopefully will open before winter and the REM:

15 « J'aime »

J’aurais espéré qu’un chemin temporaire, pour les prochains 6 mois, soit fait pour permettre aux bus de rejoindre l’A10 sans passer par Panama/Taschereau/bretelle de l’A10.

3 « J'aime »

Je pensais avoir vu un passage à droite de cette photo (tout prêt de l’autoroute), j’ai du me tromper. C’est dommage, c’est une occasion ratée pour économiser plusieurs minutes.

2 « J'aime »

Here’s a wide shot, it’s the old bus lane that was used in the temporary terminal. All this space there’s room to add a temporary road to connect it

6 « J'aime »

Thanks for the photos!

So it looks like they won’t make any canopy-lite for this path after all… which I really hoped they would have learned from the other side… recall they had it open space at first but then people rightfully pointed out it won’t be nice walk with the weather.

And this side’s length seems to be much longer walk.

1 « J'aime »

I think some people might have been concerned about security having a covering going around their backyards, but yeah the walk won’t be great in the winter. The thing is currently to walk to the bus terminal from this side is 15 minutes, and this would make the walk 3 minutes, faster than driving. I think that sort of counters it out then

Via les médias sociaux du REM:

rem_metro_315415671_5517915684997410_3968616238755117304_n

rem_metro_315788475_5789769691073188_2343648078589071788_n

5 « J'aime »

The lighting is strangely reminiscent of what exists in the metro stations. It is rather ironic that they did not wanted to differentiate the REM and yet, the architecture says something else. It’s alright, but honestly, I’m not fond of the diagonal part over the stairs.

1 « J'aime »

I believe these will be heaters.

In the photos of Brossard Station, the posts are about the same distance as the heaters above the platform screen doors. And in 2020 the REM tweeted about Terminus Panama: “The central building will be closed with heating and air conditioning, and the branches of the terminus will be covered, glazed and heated with openings at platform level.”

2 « J'aime »

On est loin de se faire chauffer le dessus de la tête, il reste à installer toute la connection électrique en plus de l’unité chauffante.

1 « J'aime »

I asked the REM team some questions and got some responses I thought I’d share:

The pathway connecting Sector T and Panama Station/Terminal won’t open until the REM opens next year sadly, despite it being essentially fully complete. My guess is because there’s no security hired yet to watch the cameras, and this path is pretty secluded.

The two parking lots and rue Philippines will be opening “hopefully in the next few weeks.” I’ll be visiting every week to send updates as usual!

10 « J'aime »

Thank you a lot @mashdash for having shared with us your questions and answers recevied from the REM. :+1:

And a BIG thanks for your future updates of the onsite construction. Can’t wait ! :grin:

2 « J'aime »

Signage is being installed, not all of it is done yet.

Each door into the closed part of the building is labeled A through G, which includes the bus drop off area:

These signs glow at night, and I really really love the attention to detail. The bus shape and text are glossy, while everything else is matte:

New permanent signs inside are being put up as well! These are not backlit. It’s somewhat confusing as the new parking lot isn’t open yet, and the new signs point to the left, when the current way to get to the temporary parking lot is to the right:

Also a new sign was put up that display exo and RTL:

The temporary signage by the main entrance and exit has unveiled the REM logo (and is open just temporarily I think, as they install the bike covering)!

Just as I was there, the bike covering was being installed:

13 « J'aime »