Station McGill

Muret de briques autour du puits. On zigonne pas…

1 « J'aime »

Oh. Intéressante observation. Peut-être prévoit-on conserver ce puits de lumière naturelle !? :blush:

3 « J'aime »

Future sortie potentielle?

1 « J'aime »

The slab is down (under that crane). Ventilation unit?

7 « J'aime »

Montreal Trust and Centre Eaton are both expanding the hallway that connects to the REM to allow for a greater amount of traffic. The shops on both sides have been pushed back. They also have changed the floor to be grey now to match the future flooring in the REM area.

19 « J'aime »

Via la Story du REM :

rem_metro_316593564_659639612480314_6672766036479913504_n

rem_metro_316796428_208974011577858_4566240524117243917_n

rem_metro_316563342_2833175836813476_1262367164985022092_n

rem_metro_316860268_129911593013308_5727454786018449551_n

1 « J'aime »

MTL should improve worksites, see these designs out of NYC

7 « J'aime »

“Disruptive, but make it cute.”

New York has a huge issue with essentially permanent scaffolding, apparently due to building facade safety laws. These kinds of stylized scaffolding are only in place for those sidewalks that will be cursed with them for decades. I’d rather have none at all

8 « J'aime »

A wall has been put up on the lower levels:

Also in the Centre Eaton, they’ve added grey tiles that line up with the white ones, I’m guessing this is to transition into the tiles the REM will use:

9 « J'aime »

100% in agreement

2 « J'aime »

New construction elevator was put in, I happened to catch the construction worker jumping onto it!

Also something related, a worker was taking apart the temporary bathrooms that were put in the parking lot of Montreal Trust (I feel bad it’s just one guy alone, he said hi to me). I wonder why they’re taking apart the bathroom so early though

11 « J'aime »

While the temporary bathrooms were removed from under Montreal Trust (in the parking lot), a new covering has gone up. There’s also a new temporary wall along the parking that allows you to peak through and almost see the station platform, although I couldn’t get any good photos of it.

11 « J'aime »

Via la Story du REM:

image rem_metro

Une nouvelle installation sur la palissade du chantier McGill du REM pour égayer les abords du chantier :tada:

Si ces curieux personnages vous disent quelque chose, c’est parce que la murale fait écho à celle du chantier de la station Édouard-Montpetit du REM. Rendez-vous au coin des rues Ste-Catherine Ouest et McGill College pour voir les géants prendre vie dans vos téléphones avec la réalité augmentée!

Pour découvrir d’autres projets d’embellissement de chantier comme celui-ci, le lien est dans la bio.

6 « J'aime »

My god, Mme Lambert, la voisine qui veut toujours s’en mêler, est-ce que c’est du shade envers St-Lambert? hahaha ou envers Phyllis :open_mouth: !!

Choix particulier.

5 « J'aime »

Photo from Friday February 10th:

12 « J'aime »

This photo is from March 9th, I forgot to share, lots of ventilation pipes added:

14 « J'aime »

As I was expecting based on the floor plans I’ve shared and the renders of the layout of the station, Centre Easton’s side will be a large ramp instead of small set of stairs. They’ve expanded the hallway and have part of this new ramp almost ready to be opened. This work I believe is not being done by LouvLR but by the construction company renovating the mall. The stairs also have markings on them indicating something will happen with it.

Something I’m a bit confused on is where the ramp will lead, currently it’s into a concrete wall. But on Montreal Trust’s side they’ve also expanded the hallway size, so the concrete might be removed. The tiles that are on the floor of these newer areas match, so they’re planned together despite bring separate malls

15 « J'aime »

It probably has to do with the fact that this hallway will have very heavy foot traffic once the REM opens.

2 « J'aime »

I believe so too. In fact, on the floorplan I found, we can see a new ramp mentioned. I also added in blue where the current construction walls are currently located:

7 « J'aime »