Station Du Quartier

Tu as pu entrer??

*Photos prises de l’extérieur

1 « J'aime »

Voici la réponse :wink: :point_down:

3 « J'aime »

Pour donner un accès plus facile aux résidents du Nobel au DIX30?

Via LinkedIn:

Denis Rivard, Pr. Eng.• Vice-President REM Project at CDPQ Infra • 2h

Que la lumière soit! Let there be light!

Une des grandes particularités de nos nouvelles stations du REM est un éclairage exceptionnel de par leur design architectural et les matériaux utilisés.

21 « J'aime »

Je suis surpris que le REM n’aie pas mis les main courantes basses, comme ça semble être la nouvelle norme dans les escaliers de la STM. Probablement une question de coût, vue que c’est pas obligatoire par le code

The National Building Code requires a guard at 42” (1070 mm) for any stairs with more than a 30” drop, and a “graspable” hand rail at 34-42” (865-1070 mm) off the nose of the stair.

4 « J'aime »

Yeah well aware of the code, I use it almost everyday, but I notice that when the STM redo some staircase, they add a second lower handrail for accessibility reason (small person, kids). I was wondering why the Caisse would not do the same here

3 « J'aime »

Ok got it. Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Ca va être incroyables le contraste entre les stations du métro caverneuses et à l’éclairage chaud et celles du REM aériennes et lumineuses

5 « J'aime »

C’est un peu comme ça m’épater des pommes et des bananes…

New implementation plan, that shows Rue de la Lune! thanks @ScarletCoral

2 « J'aime »

Can we just take our car, park at dix30 and take the REM? How is that going to be handled?

1 « J'aime »

I mean you could and just pretend you’re in the movies the entire day… :shushing_face: (they might check though)
It seems like they don’t really have any plan to manage the parking besides in neighbourhood sectors (unless DIX30 makes all their parking cost money, which their whole business model is against). Nearby Brossard Station has 2900+ parking spots, but if that ever fills up I do wonder if it would spill over into here.

1 « J'aime »

From my experience at fairview with people who park and take 470, they rarely check. Everyone I know so far who tried has gotten away with it though it’s possible others get caught, idk. I’d imagine that dix30 would be similar; it may also be simply a case of knowing where in the mall to park to not get disturbed.

Granted the REM should spur a hell of a lot more drivers than a frequent bus would, so it could easily become a problem (for the shopping center i mean) who may start checking after a while.

2 « J'aime »

At Panama people were parking in the old Loblaws, so much to the point they eventually said publicly you can do that if you want and won’t be towed. Mess with the system!! Take advantage of minimum parking requirements and sprawling heat islands when you can, as long as it’s so you can take public transit!!

1 « J'aime »

The REM logo is now a permanent sign on the viaduct entrance.

Bonus: broken glass at Du Quartier

12 « J'aime »

I talked with a sign producer, and they estimate that each of these signs cost around $10,000-$20,000 each, $5000 just for the concrete base to hold it. Smaller signs inside the stations cost way less, and when they aren’t backlit it saves quite a bit of money, which is probably why the REM didn’t go for backlit signs, unlike the metro.

5 « J'aime »

Celui dans la photo semble rétro-éclairé non?

1 « J'aime »

Commandité par Les Restaurants Lafleur…
Les Restaurants Lafleur | Hot-dogs, poutines, frites, hamburgers, tofu dogs, smoked meats (restolafleur.com)

2 « J'aime »