Station Des Sources

Let’s not forget that even the active portion of the rem still has missing features (those loading indicators)

2 « J'aime »

Each day that goes by becomes more ridiculous on their part at this point. We shouldn’t know this 6 months before the expected date.

4 « J'aime »

And then Côte-de-Liesse rail (exo) is not even installed yet.

1 « J'aime »

The fact that the bus re-network is waiting on the rem to be placed into Action is what bothers me, stm still has to say once the rem opens and we still have no idea how it will look like in the west island

It will sound crazy, but the STM, STL and exo have as much of an idea of the opening date as we do, which is… not optimal.

1 « J'aime »

Stm says “fin 2024 ou selon la mise en service du rem”

Does this means that they have to deploy the new “connected to the rem” bus network without a rem by EOY of 2024 without a conection to DOWNTOWN as the rem is supposed to take care of that?

I think CDPQ does not want to repeat the multiple delay announcements like what happened on the south shore. They want to be certain that the new date they’ll announce will be achieved.

Not sure if that is the right thing though. Many people are still planning their personal decisions based on the official opening date of December 2024 such as ‘selling one of our two cars when the REM opens’.

Again a few weeks delay would be no big deal but if they are sure it will be six months or more they should officially let us know now.

Not just OTCP’s

Cities that have to plan around the opening as well

It basically means that the new network will start operating on the day that the REM opens. Imagine the number of complaints that the STM would get for implementing a network to nowhere.

1 « J'aime »

They literally announced a delay into summer 2023 for the REM 2 weeks before their previous due date… They’ll announce it at the last possible second

It becomes really frustrating.
For a project that was originally sold as no interruption of the DM service, except for weekends and holidays we are so far off.
The tunnel service- south of Bois Franc was shut down in may 2020, thats 4 years ago, yet if the rumors are true it will be a 5 years full closure.

What is really the roadblock to finish the tunnel segment on time?
Is it the Edouard Montpetit and Mc Gill stations, is it the tunnel infrastructure itself (the center wall, tracks, communication systems)?
Can’t they blitz all their ressources on that portion to finish it even if it delays the West Island branch?

After such a long delay and very poor mitigation, specifically for those on the STM territory with basically no extra service than the regular STM bus lines something needs to open by the end of the year, even if it’s not the whole thing.

One scenario is to open the downtown link even if EM and Mc Gill are not completed and skip them.
Otherwise, at least open the DM portion up to Bois Franc, and even CDL/ Mont Royal / Canora and bring back the Bois Franc- Cote Vertu shuttles, + a shuttle from CDL to Du College.
Mont Royal would at least offer a connection to the UdeM/ Ste Justine hospital area with the 535 bus on CDN.

6 « J'aime »

Des témoignages que j’ai eu de gens impliqués dans le projet, les problèmes dans le tunnel étaient vraiment majeurs et bien plus importants que ce que CDPQInfra a laissé croire dans ses communications :

• La détonation des vestiges d’explosifs a arrêté les travaux pendant plusieurs mois, il a fallu que le consortium achète de l’équipement robotisé (avec un délai de livraison important parce que c’est de l’équipement très niché). Il a fallu complètement changer les procédures de travail et la progression a été beaucoup ralentie par la suite en raison des contraintes qui viennent avec ça;

• La voûte du tunnel en très mauvais état près de McGill a nécessité des travaux supplémentaires significatifs, retardant la construction de la station elle-même;

• Le mur coupe-feu dans le tunnel a été problématique également, pour plusieurs raisons. Parmi celles-ci, il a notamment fallu 6 mois avant que le service des incendies approuve les portes coupe-feu dans le tunnel, car elles ont été importées d’Allemagne (je ne pense pas qu’il existe de fournisseur en Amérique du Nord).

19 « J'aime »

Seigneur🤦🏻

2 « J'aime »

C’est bien connu, les incendies en Allemagne sont moins intenses qu’en Amérique du Nord alors peut-être que les portes n’étaient pas suffisamment résistantes… #sarcasme

11 « J'aime »

¨
Ca c’est le bout qu’on sait et qui est revenu souvent sur le forum.

Maintenant la question est: quel est l’état actuel d’avancement dans le tunnel, et ses stations, qu’est ce qu’il reste à faire pour pouvoir ouvir, et est-ce qu’une mobilisation des ressources vers le tunnel, pourrait permettre de ne pas avoir de retard sur au moins l’antenne DM?

1 « J'aime »

Je crois que tous ces exemples reviennent, à mon avis, au problème clé de CDPQ Infra, la communication. Le public aime être tenu au courant. Tant pendant la construction que pendant lles pannes, le public aurait bcp plus confiance, à mon avis, envers le projet si, par exemple, CDPQ Infra envoyait une infolettre chaque semaine sur les défis et les accomplissements de la semaine. Même si le monde ne s’y connait pas techniquement, ça créerait un lien de confiance, au lieu de devoir se fier sur des infos partagées sur les réseaux sociaux.

3 « J'aime »

Il y a aussi ce que les gens veulent savoir et ce qu’ils ont BESOIN de savoir. Ce sont 2 choses bien différentes. Je ne dis pas que CDPQ infra est exemplaire dans ces communications, mais ils n’ont pas non plus besoin de communiquer chaque détail du projet.

Comme dans chaque entreprise, les travailleurs sont exposés à l’information dont ils ont besoin à leur niveau sans nécessairement avoir toutes les informations des choses qui ne les concernent pas.

5 « J'aime »

C’est drôle mon sentiment est justement qu’il y a eu un gros effort de communication autour de ce projet que cela soit au travers de réunions d’informations, site internet et Médias sociaux. Tout a fait d’accord qu’ils n’ont pas l’obligation de communiquer sur chaque étape franchie aussi.

En revanche, côté exploitation, je vais rester poli mais la communication reste vraiment à désirer surtout en période critique comme les pannes ou arrêts de service.

3 « J'aime »

What’s crazy is it seems not everyone knows about this late opening. When I talked with CDPQ Infra, I just said “I know the REM is probably opening in May 2025” and they were actually surprised and said how they haven’t heard that. It seems the media relations that would communicate this sort of thing is disconnected from the actual work being done, so they truly don’t know about these delays.

While I do generally agree that improving transit access to the stations is overall much more sustainable and scalable, I also do want to be a bit realistic with what we’re actually likely to get on this side of the island. I’m generally more of a pessimist about the bus service here, because while it does have its strong points (punctuality of the buses here is, in my experience, generally on point) the frequency, and to a certain extent the travel time, are what makes it a hard sell for most.

The main thing that has me confused is that, to the best of my understanding (and I could be wrong), bus networks only works better than cars when parking space is the limiting factor. Parking spaces are expensive; if you need to build thousands of spots and they would just keep filling up, then that’s the indicator that buses would move the same amount of people for a likely embarrassingly low fraction of the price.

But if the premise is that people won’t even use the parking, then that kinda throws a wrench in the argument. If people are supposedly so not up for transit that they won’t even park and ride, then that alone has me convinced that buses would be even more empty given that, in these kinds of areas, bus service is total doodoo. To me, if that demand somehow can be met with parking then that would be an argument in favour of parking, no?

1 « J'aime »